Employer Matching Gift Program
Does your employer have a “donation matching” program? If so, please think of CC4C.
Donate A Car
If you have a used car that you would like to donate to CC4C, you can do it through Car Donation Services:
Donate Goods to our Thrift Store Rescued Treasures
Community Concern for Cats operates a thrift store, Rescued Treasures. We accept furniture, gently used clothing, books, dishes, crystal and glass ware and much more—and all are tax deductible! 100% of the proceeds go to benefit Community Concern for Cats! Drop in and visit, check out the items and the many promotional sales throughout the year.
Rescued Treasures (former Tuesday Morning site, one block east of Whole Foods)
1270-I Newell Avenue, Walnut Creek 94596
To donate supplies, please stop by one of our adoption sites or make arrangements via e-mail or call 925-938-CATS.
Donations (cat related) are needed including:
- Cat food (wet and dry)
- KittenA young cat under 1 year of age. formula (KMRMilk replacement or supplement for kittens, newborn to six weeks of age. This colostrum milk gives extra nutrition and temporary immunity against some diseases. It can also be given to pregnant and lactating cats. Before feeding to kittens, warm KMR to room or body temperature.) - Only chicken and turkey meat
- Baby food (for transitioning bottle babiesKittens that have lost their mother and are without mother’s milk and require surrogate supplemental commercial milk replacement and supportive care. Kittens will require nursing bottles and nipples and commercial kittenA young cat under 1 year of age. milk replacement such as KMRMilk replacement or supplement for kittens, newborn to six weeks of age. This colostrum milk gives extra nutrition and temporary immunity against some diseases. It can also be given to pregnant and lactating cats. Before feeding to kittens, warm KMR to room or body temperature. and a pinch of plain yogurt (for every feeding), which will help the kitty's digestion. There are several good milk replacers on the market, available in liquid or powder form. The ready-mix liquid is more convenient. The product must be engineered for kittens and fresh (some have a short shelf-life). Milk replacers can be found in any pet supplies store, most veterinary clinics, and even in some variety stores. )
- Quality litter
- Blankets, towels or yardage of Fleece or Berber fabrics
- Pet chip scanners (to help verify ownership)
- Equipment like nebulizers, cat traps (Tomahawk 2 door type), cat carriers, kitty condos, and quality cat furniture
- Cat toys and cat beds
- Cages for recoveryRecovery from spaying and neutering is providing your cat a safe, warm, healthy environment in which to recover from their surgery. Depending on the procedure performed, medication to control pain may be sent home with your cat. To provide a comfortable recovery – give the cat a quiet place indoors and away from other animals. Try to prevent your cat from running or jumping for the first few days following surgery. Prevent your cat from licking the incision site, which may cause infection. Consider using shredded paper instead of cat litter, since dust from the litter can also cause infection. Check the incision site daily to confirm proper healing. or taming, such as foldable dog crates, jump cages, etc.
Donations (business related) are needed:
- Sponsors for quarterly mailings
- Professional services (copy work)
- A building (rent free or low rent) for our multi-purpose adoption center in Central Contra Costa County
Donate Property for Feral Cats
Do you have a farm or ranch or a couple of acres next to your home? Can you provide a safe, enclosed, protected home for a few ferals? If so, please contact us.
Donate Other Items
Got any leftover BART “tiny tickets,” those with a nickel or a dime left? Mail them to:
P.O. Box 3795
Walnut Creek, CA, 94598
Electronic Scrip Incorporated (ESI) is a California-based corporation dedicated to establishing relationships between commerce and community. CC4C is a participating member of eScrip, which raises funds through everyday purchases made at eScrip merchants. eScrip has hundreds of merchant partners that reward customer loyalty by contributing a percentage of purchases to your chosen group.
To donate to CC4C through eScrip:
- Go to eScrip at http://www.escrip.com/
- Log on and go to “Sign Up”
- Designate our group to receive contributions – our Group ID is #500017005
- Register your grocery club card and debit/credit cards
- Then visit eScrip merchants to shop!
- Renew with eScrip every year – it’s only good for one year, unless you renew!