CC4C’s adoption program is designed to match each cat with a home that it will have for the rest of its life. Adopting a cat is a lifetime commitment and CC4C wants to make the best possible match for you and your future cat. CC4C strives to provide you with many helpful resources and information about cat care, food and nutrition, health, house training, etc., that you can take home with you and use as a guide to help with your new kitty. The adoption process takes time, so please come early to our adoption sites to work through the process and paperwork. Our CC4C members will work with you to find your perfect match in a cat. Remember, the time you spend getting to know your new cat is well invested, since your cat will live with you for the next 15-20 years. What cat is best for you? and Why to Adopt Two Kittens Instead of One.
We prefer that all family members living at home participate in the adoption process to ensure the best match. CC4C does not do third-party adoptions (e.g. a gift to another person), but does encourage friends and family members to browse and ask questions if they are helping another to find a companion.
You may download and complete an Adoption Application in advance. Forms are also available at the adoption sites. If you are interested in a particular cat, please email your application to that contact person – listed in Available Cats.
To research which CC4C cats are available for adoption, please visit our Available Cats page. Please note that not all of our cats and kittens are posted here, especially during kitten season when we are overwhelmed with new kittens. It is always best to visit the adoption site and speak with a CC4C member to find the cat or kitten that best fits your needs.
Adoptions at Walnut Creek, Martinez, and Concord
Adoption sites are staffed by volunteers at the following locations and times (excluding major holidays).
- Walnut Creek “Pop-Up” – Saturday & Sunday, 1-4 pm
Near our Rescued Treasures Thrift Shop at 1250 Newell Ave, Unit H, Walnut Creek (3 doors up from Dunkin Donuts), Sat & Sun 1-4 PM; Telephone: 925-944-0877.
- Martinez Pet Food Express – Saturdays Only, except “3rd” Saturday, 2-4 pm
Pet Food Express, 500 Center Avenue, Martinez. Sat 2-4 PM, EXCEPT the 3rd Saturday of the month; Telephone: 925-839-2000; CC4C Contact: Text Lea at 707-372-1841 with any questions for questions regarding only the Martinez site.
- Concord Pet Food Express – 2nd Sunday & 4th Saturday / month, 1-3 pm at Pet Food Express in Concord, 785 Oak Grove Road, Concord, CA.
- Research which CC4C cats are available for adoption, please visit our Available Cats page
- Email an adoption application to the sponsor listed on the pet profile.
- Then, if all works, the adopter and cat can meet at the Adoption Site or the foster-home. This can be the time of hand-over or just a meet and greet. Adoption agreements are signed and cat is off to a new home!
Adoption Fees (Effective 2/1/2021)
- First Kitten (under 1 year) – $150
- Second Kitten (under 1 year) – $125
- Cats 1 year and older – $125
- Cats 7 years and older – $100
- Cats 10 years and older – $50
What Our Adoption Fees Cover
Our adoption fees cover the following:
- Flea treatment
- FELV (leukemia) testing
- FVRCP (distemper) and Rabies vaccinations appropriate to age
- Any medical treatment that was deemed necessary prior to adoption